English version

This is the text-only English version of the Spanish blog Noches de Harlem. To see pictures and other multimedia files, and to leave comments, please go to the Spanish version.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The name

After thinking for awhile and consider other names for the blog (names like BCN-NY, or Pep in Harlem), I thought of this Harlem Nights, which I loved from the moment I thought of it. I believe that you don't really know a city until you have experienced its nights. So there I went, decided to give the blog this name, and buy the domain nochesdeharlem.com, with which the name of the blog will remain fixed forever and ever.

But then I had the stupid idea of googling "Harlem nights" to see what showed up, and I found out with great despair that there's an Eddie Murphy movie from 1989 with this exact same title. But I am not changing mine, I like it, I don't want to change it and to have to buy another domain. So Harlem Nights it is, I still like it a lot. And I am not seeing the movie, I can't stand Eddie Murphy. Screw him, now he's got competition :)