English version

This is the text-only English version of the Spanish blog Noches de Harlem. To see pictures and other multimedia files, and to leave comments, please go to the Spanish version.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Cold cold

Winter is here. Temperature out is 33 degrees, and low today is expected to be 27. Brrrr!! Soon it will snow.

The other day I was in the elevator in my dorm and this girl comes in still shuddering from the cold. She said: "it's cold, huh?" and I answered "uh-huh" even though I thought it wasn't really, since it was about 40 degrees out. So I asked the girl where she was from and she said: "from Trinidad." Of course, used to the Caribbean temperatures, the poor girl was having a hard time with the New York cold. And it's only just started... She's gonna have a hard time.