English version

This is the text-only English version of the Spanish blog Noches de Harlem. To see pictures and other multimedia files, and to leave comments, please go to the Spanish version.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

California

Today [Dec 8th] it's California. This afternoon I will take the plane and fly to Berkeley, where I will spend a week at the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, working with other people. And enjoying the good weather, not like the harsh Winters of the East Coast. I will be telling you things about California. Berkeley is in the San Francisco area, which has many interesting things. Keep an eye on the blog.

Yes, I know, many of you are thinking: "this guy is traveling all the time, he should be ashamed." In my defense, I will say that when I arrived in the US my only planned trips were to Utah in September and California in December, the rest came because when other people and mathematicians find out you are in the US, they start inviting you to give a talk, or to spend a few days, and it's very hard to say no... But right now it's been over a month that I haven't spend more than a few days in a row in my house in New York, and I am kind of tired... Anyway. As we say in Spain, God gives bread to those without teeth :-)

And the 21st I fly back to Barcelona!