English version

This is the text-only English version of the Spanish blog Noches de Harlem. To see pictures and other multimedia files, and to leave comments, please go to the Spanish version.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

How can I be so jinx?

It can only happen to me that four days after I buy my iPhone, Apple goes and lowers the price by 200 dollars. They have left the 4gb at 299 (exactly as I suggested) and the 8gb at 399. It's incredible how this company has so many fans, when they get milked so badly. If you are a big fan and can't wait, you pay through the nose, while if you are a casual one who waits, you get it cheap. Doesn't make sense. They deserve that I return it. Maybe I'll do just that.

UPDATE

I must learn not to post in the heat of the moment :) I went to the Apple store just to ask, and immediately they have refunded me $200, no questions asked. Everyone who bought an iPhone for the last two weeks is entitled to this refund, because if not, they could just return it and buy a new one at the new price. To avoid that, the company prefers to pay them back. Amazing service. Squeezing early adopters is still a shame though.

ANOTHER UPDATE

The guys at engadget have opened my eyes. This price drop can only mean one thing: at Apple Expo on September 25th, the new iPhone with 3G and 16GB will be introduced on time for the Christmas season, at $599. Obvious. These past few weeks have shown there is a market for a $600 phone. And the new iPod Touch has 16GB already. No question about this one.