English version

This is the text-only English version of the Spanish blog Noches de Harlem. To see pictures and other multimedia files, and to leave comments, please go to the Spanish version.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Maine

Today Sunday I arrived from spending the weekend in Maine. Maine is the notheast corner in the US, see it in the map, and it is famous for its woods, mountains, and the rocky coast. Also for a large Navy base, and for its lobsters. It's really beautiful, quiet, and people are very friendly. I have been visiting my friends Jen and Thom, professors at Bowdoin College, and their lovely kids Maia and Micah.

During this trip I have experienced some sensations I hadn't felt in a long time:
  • The pleasure of driving during hours on the impressive American interstates. These big highways, with six or eight lanes, give me an incredible feeling of freedom. I love it.

  • The beauty of the New England Autumn. This deserves a post by itself. Next post.

  • The feeling of being at 44 degrees again. Being cold when you take your clothes off, then get under two comforters and warm up. Mmmm.
Tomorrow back to work.