English version

This is the text-only English version of the Spanish blog Noches de Harlem. To see pictures and other multimedia files, and to leave comments, please go to the Spanish version.

Friday, October 26, 2007

The "other" New Yorkers

They say that in New York there are more rats than people. It's not difficult to see them on the subway tracks, and since the first day I saw one, I wanted to catch them in a picture. I finally did the other day, there was this big rat with a little mouse.

But the ultimate has been today, when I found one in my office! I threw my morning Dunkin Donuts coffee cup to the trash can, and then I hear this noise coming from the can. I looked and there it was, a little mouse, very tiny, but gross nonetheless.

Turns out that since the cleaning crew stole some computers, the offices simply aren't cleaned. If you want a clean office, you clean it yourself. Unbelievable.

Anyway. All things considered, I think New York, as famous and glamorous as it is, it is a tad dirty for my taste. I've seen cleaner places.