English version

This is the text-only English version of the Spanish blog Noches de Harlem. To see pictures and other multimedia files, and to leave comments, please go to the Spanish version.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Boston

These days I am in Boston. I arrived Wednesday and I will be here until Sunday. Boston is my favorite city in the US, I lived here three years and I loved it, I would have stayed in a flash if my contract hadn't run out. I come back every chance I have, to walk on its Victorian-style streets or next to the Charles river.

Boston is the capital of Massachusetts, one of the most liberal states of the US. It's the only state where gay marriage is legal, and of course there's no death penalty (unlike New York). So to have an idea, in the Massachusetts House of Representatives there are 140 Democrats and only 19 Republicans. That's a majority if I ever saw one :)