English version

This is the text-only English version of the Spanish blog Noches de Harlem. To see pictures and other multimedia files, and to leave comments, please go to the Spanish version.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Jamón and chorizo in the Lower East Side

There is a gourmet food store in Boston, Formaggio Kitchen (244 Huron Ave, Cambridge), where I used to get my jamón, chorizo and cheese when I lived there. In my trip two weeks ago, I bought enough to fill my pantry, but I found out that they have a branch in New York, Formaggio Essex. I went there today to check it out, and it's really worth it. If you are interested in buying quality Spanish sausages and cold cuts, go to the Essex Street Market (120 Essex St) and you'll find them.

By the look of the picture, you would think you are in any Castilian butchery, and not in the Lower East Side in Manhattan.